Codex Deano

Friday, October 21, 2011

The last month...

I'm happy to report that my little girl is doing fine.  Every once in a while she says, "I really miss Scout."  But she has dealt with her feelings and moved on. I'm so proud of her. 

We have have picked up two new kittens recently and they get along fine with our dog, Patch.  But our veteran cat of 8+ years is less than thrilled.  We decided to let my son name the gray one and let my daughter name the tiger one.  They chose the names "Gray" & "Tiger."  It looks like I'm going to have to enroll them in some sort of activity that promotes creative thinking.

Here they are stalking the dog...
Here is Tiger playing with the dog's tail...
Here's poor Patch passed out after entertaining the kittens all day...

In other news, I took second place in my humorous speech contest.  Not bad for my first time out of the gate.  I plan on spending the rest of this year working with a mentor to improve my writing and technique.  See if I can't do better next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment