Codex Deano

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Weekend events

I know, I promised that I would post pics on Monday but...I lied.

So I took Friday off and went kayaking.  I chose a tidal river right on the seacoast and these two cute little ducklings (on the concrete ramp) came to give me a send off.


The river was moving at about 6 knots and I paddled against it for about 30 minutes.

Then I stopped and just floated up river with the current, steering the boat only when I needed to.  I went up river several miles and through two towns.  It was very relaxing.  At 11ish I pulled the boat out onto a small island and had lunch.  By 1 pm the tide was all the way in and I was able to paddle home with little effort at all. 

Later that night I invited as many friends as I could to come sit around the fire-pit to drink, eat and swap war stories.  I provided chips while others brought some baked goods.
It's a nice feeling when everybody drives to your house for the night.  It shows that they like spending time with you.  I have good friends.  One of my buddies from high school showed up who I've only seen about three times in the past 20 years. I loved catching up.  We wrapped it up at about 1:30 in the morning and I didn't get out of bed until 10 am the next day.  Totally worth it!

The next day I awoke to find that my ankles and calves had been dined upon my something.  These are the worse bug bites I've ever had.  There are so many it looks like a rash, but it isn't.  They are just 100s of tiny bug bites. I wore socks, shoes and bug spray too!  Itches like hell!  WTF!
That's all I have today.  I have to work on my speech for Speechcrafters.  Thursday is "Ice Breaker" day and I have to come up with a speech to describe myself to all the other people in the class.  I actually have an opening, body and a closing.   I'm doing a practice run in about 30 minutes with a mentor and then I have Wednesday to polish it up.

Wish me luck!

Anyone want to share their weekend experiences?

No comments:

Post a Comment