Codex Deano

Monday, June 27, 2011

Lets get this thing started

To blog or not to blog, that is the question.  I have no idea why I'm here other than the fact that I feel the need to. 

I work as an environmental program coordinator, so that will probably be what most of the content is about.  You'd be surprised at how much environmental work is done from behind desks.  It's a shame really, it keeps us out of touch with the outside. 

I also do a lot of (not as much as I'd like) kayaking and hiking.  I think I can squeeze some of that in here too if I should deem any of it interesting enough to share.

So, what does an environmental program coordinator (EPC) do?  The very job discretion of an EPC varies a lot from person to person.  One might be in charge of  coordinating coastal volunteer efforts while another runs an education facility.  Some work in regulatory at the state or federal level and yet others, like me, get to write environmental grant contracts and do a whole bunch of outreach and education geared toward local municipalities.

If you've ever wondered what boring things go on at the administrative level of an environmental agency; stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment